What We Do

The Severn Town Club is organized exclusively for charitable purposes.  Through Club activities we generate funds for the express purpose of contributing to other local non-profit organizations with social support focus and which conform to the GFWC mandated community support guidelines.

Recipient organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (or the corresponding provisions of any future United Sates Internal Revenue Law). The object of the Club is to promote activities in furtherance of Section 501(c)(3) purposes.

Each year we select a worthy charity that will receive 75 % of the funds raised during that year.  Five additional qualified organizations are chosen through a grant process to receive the remaining 25% of the funds.  Grant Application information and Grant Application form may be found on our Grants page.

The membership of the Club consists of women who, being in agreement with the purpose of the Club, have been duly elected to membership and remain in good standing through the fulfillment of the “Duties of Members”, including the payment of Club dues.

Regular meetings of the Club are held monthly with the exception of June, July and August, unless otherwise ordered by the Club or the Executive Committee.

Our annual meeting is held at the April regular Club meeting: The election of officers is held at this meeting biannually.

For 54 years, we have held a gala on Friday, the week after Thanksgiving,  as our major fund-raising activity. This year, the 55th Holly Ball will be held at the Westin Hotel on November 30, 2018.